Three Centuries of Heritage
Organized in 1874, St. Mark’s Evangelical Lutheran Church was established to serve the growing German Lutheran community around Steeleville. The new congregation grew rapidly. The current sanctuary was built in 1897 and enlarged in 1922. Today St. Mark’s has around 1100 baptized members and continues to meet the spiritual needs or the Steeleville community 134 years after its founding.
Making Joyful Noise
“God created…and it was good”, we read in Genesis. All creation is a gift given to us to be used in service and praise to our gracious Lord. God’s gift of music plays an especially important role in our congregation’s worship services. Music is a vehicle to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ and a way to respond back to God with our love, praise, and thanks. Here are some examples of the many ways we proclaim the Gospel through music at St. Mark’s.