. . . is to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ, through worship, education, outreach, fellowship, and service.
During our time of social distancing and self-quarantining it is difficult to do the things that we used to do. One of those things that we are not able to do is attend church services where we give our offerings.
Here is a simple way you can continue to support St. Mark's Lutheran Church and School at home either on your computer or on your smart phone with an App. We are very thankful for everyone who gives so generously to help pay our teachers, who continue to work from home to educate our children, and keep up with all of the other bills that still come even when we are not there.
- Canceled: All activities at St. Mark's Lutheran Church & School have been canceled. We will keep you informed as more information becomes available.
- St. Mark's Annual Dinner Auction: Postponed until August 15, 2020, at the Steeleville American Legion with doors opening at 5 pm and dinner to be served from 5:30-6:30. For those who have already RSVP’d: thank you, you’re already on the guest list! For those still needing to RSVP: please send your RSVP using the original invitation. For any questions feel free to contact Natalie Spiller or Stephanie Hecht. Thank you all for your support and understanding!
- St. Mark's Adult Choir has discontinued practices until further notice.
- SCHOOL CLOSURE: From Governor Pritzker
April 20th Update: The staff and I had a nice meeting today to start the finalization for the end of the year. I have a few details to share. Your teacher should have answers to any other questions. Here are the last drop off day details:
- The day is May 13th from 1-3 pm at the front door. (If you need it)
- Pre K - 4th Grade will drop off any textbooks/work in the hallway and exit through the gym doors. There will be tables in the hallway. We will use social distancing rules if needed according to state guidelines.
- The 5-8 Grade will have access to the 3rd floor and locker room to get any items the students may have to get. (If needed) Most of the items will already be in bags. We will use social distancing rules if needed according to state guidelines.
- Report cards will be mailed the week of May 18th, after teachers complete them. Remember that the 4th quarter will only have complete/incomplete for grades.
- Confirmation and Graduation will be announced as more information becomes available.
- St. Mark’s production of “Pistols and Posies” by Christy Fredrickson HAS BEEN POSTPONED!! We will reschedule after all social distancing has been lifted.
We will do our best to keep you up to date about any cancellations.